Friday, March 22
Must-Have Summer Cosmetics
1. Everyone needs a tan base for summer! This is getting delivered to my door step TOMORROW. It's needed...bad. (found out about this stuff from Aubrey).
2. I love using a shimmer/highlighting powder in the summer. I can't stand heavy makeup when it's hot and humid, but a little glow on the apples of your cheeks, on your forehead, your nose and your chin will do wonders! This is what I use whenever I don't want to look like death but don't have much time for lots of makeup either.
3. My new favorite inexpensive mascara! Stays on SO well, but isn't ridiculously difficult to remove like waterproof mascara. Eye tugging = wrinkles. No thanks.
4. My favorite lip balm eevveerr. It's mineral sunscreen so 1) it's healthy for you and 2) it doesn't have that horrible taste like regular SPF lip balms. Plus it's vanilla mint flavor, which = score. It also looks like you're wearing a subtle lip gloss. Except it's lip balm...and it has SPF...does life get much better than that?
5. I love using tropical/warm/delicious scents in the summer! No full-on strong perfumes for this girl (for some reason I think of that as more of a winter thing). I recently found this brand when I was at Whole Foods and to say I'm obsessed would be an understatement. I spent a good 10 minutes smelling all of the honey coconut scented products (this perfume, a lip balm, and a hand lotion), so rest assured, this is Positively Amy approved (does that even mean anything to you? haha But it should. I have one sensitive sniffer over here. I won't lead you astray when it comes to scented anything).
Like these ideas? Check out my summer makeup post from last year.
Hope you guys have a great weekend. I'm going to spend it working and kicking my butt with Blogilates. xx
P.S. Remember my nuNAAT Brazilian Keratin hair products review? Go win a set for you and a friend! Be sure to say that Positively Amy referred you!